Windows choco install
This installation installs a full Tidal environment and its dependencies (Git, Haskell, Atom, SuperCollider, SuperDirt and the default Dirt samples). It assumes that these components aren't installed already. If they are, you might be better off installing the other components by hand.
Installation is a three step process. It is mostly automated, but expect windows to give a few security pop-ups for you to accept.
Here we go:
0. If you are using Windows 7, you'll need to do a little preparation first, see the section at the bottom of this page.
1. Open a windows powershell in 'admin' mode. You can do this by holding down the windows key and pressing 'x', then choosing Windows PowerShell (admin) in the menu that pops up
2. You'll need the 'chocolatey' package manager installed. If you haven't installed it previously, you can do so by pasting in and running this command:
3. Once that's run, install tidal and all its dependencies by pasting in this command:
choco install tidalcycles -y --version=1.4.3
You can then Start tidalcycles and superdirt for the first time to test it out.
Some extra preparation is needed under Windows 7.
1. Make sure your system is up to date 2. Install/upgrade to .NET 4.5. Download here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=30653 3. Install Visual C++ redistributable. Download here: Download link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads